Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone who has an interest in making new friends and contributing to the local community.
We have members from almost every continent and dozens of countries around the world.
2. Why join?
Whether you are a newcomer to Stavanger or a permanent resident, People Who Connect provides opportunities to socialize, share, and participate in activities.
Many of our events and activities are free or subsidized for members by the club.
It is a great way to meet new people – indeed your friend in town.
3. What does my membership include?
- Regular activities: Whether you want to practice your Norwegian, go for a hike and explore or socialize with others – there are plenty of regular activities to choose from.
- Events & Courses/Workshops: Each month we arrange different events or courses for our members. Many of these events are free or alternatively, they are subsidized by the organization. Click here to view the calendar.
- Monthly newsletter & exclusive access to our Facebook groups: A great way to stay in touch and to know what is coming up.
4. What does it cost to become a member?
You may pay 500kr cash or by bank transfer to account 3201.08.90313, or 510kr using VIPPS to 531736. Be sure to reference your name and membership if you are paying by bank transfer or VIPPS.
5. How do I sign up?
- Complete the online form.
- Our Membership director will be in touch with further information.
- Payment information above.
6. What if I would like to start a group?
If you are interested in starting a new group or arrange an activity, contact our Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Still, have a question?
If you haven't found the answer to your question above, please feel free to contact us - we are here to help.